Falun Gong Practitioner Ms. Chen Fengjun Missing for 13 Years

June 20, 2013 | By a Minghui correspondent from Shandong Province, China

(Minghui.org) Ms. Chen Fengjun, a 67 year-old Falun Gong practitioner (ID#: 370623194709215228) from Longkou, Shandong Province, who resided at 108 Xiamengjia Village, Xiadingjia District, Longkou, has been missing since the fall of 2000.

Ms. Chen Fengjun

Ms. Chen suffered from multiple diseases prior to practicing Falun Gong. Along with breast cancer, she had a cardiac-related disease and was unable to take care of herself. The hospital couldn’t provide a cure and she was simply waiting to die.

Ms. Chen started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. Shortly after, all her diseases disappeared. She took good care of herself and lived in harmony with her family.

When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched its persecution against Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Chen went to Beijing to appeal to the government. She wanted to share her story of survival as a result of the practice. However, she was repeatedly beaten, detained and secretly persecuted by CCP agents.

Ms. Chen and over a dozen practitioners from Xiadingjia District set out to Beijing on July 22, 1999 to appeal for Falun Gong; however, they were intercepted by CCP agents before they could leave Longkou.

Ms. Chen went to Beijing again at the end of 1999, but was immediately taken away by Longkou agents stationed in Beijing and held on the second floor of the Xiadingjia Clinic for over two months. She was not allowed any food during her detention. Ms. Chen was released only after the CCP agents extorted 2,000 yuan ($326 USD) from her family.

In early 2000, Ms. Chen and fellow practitioners Ms. Sun Cuifang and Ms. Yu Xiliu again went to Beijing, but were quickly arrested by CCP agents and taken back to the Xiadingjia local government, where they were violently beaten for over an hour. They were then transferred to a secret military facility for further persecution. This secret place was also known as Facility 18, situated in a large valley surrounded by mountains and accessible by only one road. The facility covered a large area during its construction. The project wasn’t finished after several years and was later stopped for some reason, and then abandoned. Ms. Chen was severely tortured there by Wang Lihui (armed forces staff), Meng Ziyi (land management staff) and Chen Zhenwei (government official). Beating her became a routine. They poured water on her, and then shocked her with electric batons. After torturing her for half a month, they took her to the Longkou Detention Center, where she was held for 15 days. Ms. Chen was taken back to Facility 18 for another two days. She was tortured for a total of 40 days before being released.

Ms. Chen went to Beijing for the fourth time in the fall of 2000 to appeal for Falun Gong. This time she was arrested and detained for over 20 days. Ms. Chen went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Her health deteriorated and she became severely emaciated. Xiadingjia local government officials brought her back into their custody, and attempted to extort 10,000 yuan ($1,630 USD) from her family. Meanwhile, Ms. Chen’s physical condition kept deteriorating. The CCP officials released Ms. Chen, being afraid of taking responsibility for her critical condition. Several days later, Ms. Chen was taken to the Xiajingjia District Senior Center, a brainwashing facility, by CCP agents to undergo additional persecution. Ms. Chen escaped from the brainwashing center and did not return home. She has not been heard from since that time. 

The following are pictures of the unit where Ms. Chen was held.

Xiadingjia Town Community Hospital

Xiadingjia Town Nursing Home

Facility 18

Facility 18

Longkou Detention Center

Related article: